Wednesday, January 9, 2013

And We Thought HFT Was Fast


Heavenly Father, this prayer is to let you know about a situation that might be of some concern to you. I know you bear a heavy burden, having to sort through all the prayers that come your way each and every day. Christians alone number some 2.3 billion and if they only pray once each day, that’s 2.3 billion right there, and of course 1.6 billion Muslims pray five times each day so that’s another 8 billion. Even if we subtract 20% for those too young to pray, you still receive 8.24 billion each day. The way I figure it that comes in at 95,370 PER SECOND!

My concern is not with the Muslims. Since they reject Jesus as their personal savior, I know where they are headed. No, my concern is with your one and only begotten Son.  Please, I beg of you Heavenly Father, don’t take offence at this, but I am beginning to think (and I tremble when I say it) that your Son may have a lazy streak. 

Why am I so concerned about your boy? Well, there are now 7.2 billion of us alive on this earth and only 33% of us believe His claim as stated unequivocally in John 14:6. It just seems to me that 33% after nearly 2000 years of practice does not reflect well on His efforts.  Even the sorry Houston Astros who came in dead last in 2012 chalked up a better record by winning 34% of their games. And they only had six weeks to practice.

I will pray about this. I figure with prayers coming in at 95,370 per second, one more won’t add that much to your burden. 

Before I close...two more questions.
Do you still take a day off?
Are those little crackers really your Boy?.

No comments:

Post a Comment